Tuesday 12 July 2011

VHC Art

Eden and I regularly read the Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle. It's a book I particularly enjoy reading because I remember it from my own childhood, I loved Saturday's page with all the brightly coloured food! There aren't many popular children's books out there that can boast a 40th Anniversary like The Very Hungry Caterpillar can! I'm also a follower of Eric Carle's blog.

Today after reading the book, Eden and I made our very own Very Hungry Caterpillars. I have some easy painters, that are very similiar to Bingo Dobbers, and if you've not come across them before they're basically like paint pens - very easy to use and great when you don't fancy a messy painting session. I've also been saving some freebie VHC stickers until Eden's been old enough to appreciate them and 'stick' them herself.

Our caterpillars were a joint effort of dotting together, the stickers were mostly done by Eden with a bit of help from me suggesting where she stuck them.

Here's the finished result:
Holding up the VHC book with finished painting on the table

  She loves her caterpillar painting and proudly carried it around the house once it was finished!

1 comment:

Reza said...

Very nice blog. The Hungry Caterpillar is a great book! Please have a peek at my blog it's stayathomedaddyfor2.wordpress.com