Tuesday 14 June 2011

Update: Salt dough handprints

Regular readers may remember that I did a themed week of play with Eden a couple of weeks ago, focussing on using our hands. We made some salt dough handprints, and so I thought I'd do a quick update of the finished results. 

After baking the dough, I found the food colouring had sunk to the bottom, so I was left with a stone-coloured handprint. I painted the inside of the handprint with nail varnish and the results look pretty cool! 

They're really easy to make, and a nice little keepsake. They could even be used as a paperweight to give as a gift. 

4 comments:

Undiscovered said...

Lovely, I am planning on doing one of these for my OH for fathers day, did Eden enjoy doing it?
http://motheronmotherearth.blogspot.com

Ponderings from the Kitchen said...

Hi Aimee, yes she did - I've been doing lots of handprints with her recently - saltdough, playdough and painting, and she's really getting the hang of it now. With the saltdough and playdough I have to push her hand and fingers into it as she hasn't learnt to press down yet, but she doesn't mind me doing this :) She loves holding it now it's finished too and putting her hand up against the handprint.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! I love that you just painted the actual hand print. It's really effective!

RedTedArt said...

Oooh how lovely! Most definitely a fabulous keepsake! I love saltdough crafts!

Thank you for sharing on Kids Get Crafty! Always fab to see you there!

Maggy