Monday 13 February 2012

Toddler Valentines Craft



As it's Valentines Day tomorrow I was keen to do a heart craft activity with Eden, and was inspired by this blog post to make some sparkly hearts! Like with many 2 year olds, I only have to mention glueing and sticking to Eden and her eyes light up and she turns into an incredibly helpful toddler clearing a space for our craft! Today while I was preparing the activity in the kitchen, she was chattering away at her craft table saying 'I like sticking Mummy, it's my favourite and my best'.

Preparation:
I cut out 3 heart shapes using cardboard from an old cereal box and covered the front of them with tin foil, taping them down at the back.
I tore a selection of pink, purple and yellow tissue paper into thin strips and small shapes.

Glueing:
Eden and I then used some gloopy PVA glue to stick the tissue paper down onto the tin foil hearts.



Add some sparkle
While the glue was still wet, Eden shook some confetti glitter over the top of the hearts, and stuck some sparkly gems on to finish off. I love our glitter shaker and gem stickers - they're both from the pound shop and every time I'm in there I always look to see if they're in stock to buy some more - sadly I haven't seen the sticky gems in there since I bought them a few months ago, so I ration them at home now :)  

Stuck up on our wall



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Aww that is lovely, well done Eden, a lovely keepsake x

Ponderings from the Kitchen said...

Thanks - they do look really pretty up on the wall!