Sunday 3 February 2013

Clent Hills Run

Yesterday was gorgeously sunny, not too cold and definitely not too warm - perfect run conditions as I set out at lunchtime for my weekly long run. Preparation always helps, so I timed my breakfast of porridge and toast 3 hours before the start, I need to remember this for future as I felt full of energy without feeling uncomfortable full on the run.

I'd planned to run from our house upto the top of Clent hills. It's a scenic run, passing farms and small holdings on the hill climb up, with beautiful panoramic views the nearer to the top you get. As it happened I didn't quite make it to the very top because I wanted to stick to the 90 minute run in my training plan. I timed it pretty perfectly, arriving back home in 1 hour 31 minutes.

Little man was ready for a feed soon after. I've always wondered what my supply is like after running, so aim to feed before usually. Today however we had no complaints from Asher over feeding after so I can't see that it was affected much.

Will definitely be running this route again!

No comments: