Monday 14 January 2013

Slippery training

Marathon training sadly was put on hold last week as I was fighting off a cold and feeling exhausted. Normally I have the motivation to go for a run if I've set my mind to it, but last week my lack of energy over ruled my motivation. This evening was my first run in a while, conditions weren't great - there had been a snow shower half an hour before I left the house, so the first half of the run involved trying not to slip through the slush underfoot. My pace slowed, and although cardiovascularly it felt fine, my legs were aching at the effort to not slip. This continued for the second half of the run, where it wasn't slush but ice I was dealing with as the temperature dropped. Still, all good fun, and keeps the training interesting!

No comments: