Monday 25 March 2013

Easter salt dough shapes

I've been missing a trick all these years: I never knew that salt dough can be cooked in the microwave, done in just over 3 minutes! I've been baking it in the oven for 3 hours!! Doh!

I experimented with my microwave settings and found 3 minutes on low, turning it over and giving a 20 second blast on the other side then waiting for it to cool worked well. It continues to cook while cooling so was done by the time it had gone cold.

I'm loving the excitement leading up to Easter Sunday doing lots of crafts and activities with the kids. We made and painted these salt dough Easter shapes today, Eden really enjoyed it and Asher had a little go too, while sitting in his high chair, although as soon as he realised he wasn't getting any food he turned his attention to climbing out instead!


No comments: