Friday 6 January 2012

A belated Happy New Year!

I know, I know - I'm nearly a week late with it, but just wanted to wish all my followers a Happy New Year! Hope 2012 is a good one for you!

I've been taking a break from my blog over the festive period, it's been a busy time hosting our first Christmas in our new home, for our extended family. Having visitors is certainly a good motivator to get all those little jobs done around the house that we've been putting off!

This Christmas was also my first attempt at cooking Christmas Dinner, and I cooked it for 14! We managed to squeeze all 14 of us into our little dining room by pretty much emptying it of furniture (apart from the piano) and finding 2 big tables and borrowing some stools. After Christmas day before putting all the furniture back into the dining room, we took the opportunity to take up the old carpet and put some laminate down instead - so much more practical for eating with little people.

Eden is now 25 months, and it was wonderful watching her understanding of Christmas festivities this year. Having Eden around has made Christmas time so fun and magical!

I'm looking forward to the year ahead, in a little over 8 weeks time we'll be meeting our new addition to the family and I'll be a Mummy of Two!

No comments: