Friday 27 May 2011

Recipe: Apple and Butternut Squash Curry

Personally, I'm not one to follow recipes, I much prefer to invent my own, with mixed results! Last night was one of my better inventions, worthy of a blog post as it was delicious and I'll definitely be making it again. Here's the recipe if anyone would like to try it themselves (let me know what you think if you do....)

Ingredients:
1 butternut squash, peeled and cut into chunks
1 small sweet potato, peeled and cut into chunks
1 apple, peeled and cut into small chunks (I used a dessert apple)
1 onion, sliced chunkily
3 cloves garlic, sliced or crushed
3 tbsp vegetable oil
3 dessertspoons korma curry paste
2 tsp ginger puree
Handful of sultanas
500ml vegetable stock

Method:
Heat the oil in a pan, fry the onions and garlic until lightly cooked.
Add the sweet potato, squash and apple and saute for 5 mins.
Add the curry paste and ginger, and give it a good stir.
Add the stock and sultanas, bring to the boil and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until the vegetables are soft and tender.
Serve with warmed naan bread.

No comments: