Thursday 9 July 2009

19 weeks

Bump circumference 87cm yesterday (grown 1.5cm in a week - and it shows). Have gained nearly 2kg now. If I lie on my back, instead of my lovely flat tummy I have a hard bump, but it's lovely to know it's the baby in there. Still havent felt any movements for certain yet, although I have felt a heavy/tight 'mass' a couple of times.

I went swimming for the first time at Oaklands pool yesterday, in my new maternity swimwear. I did 50 lengths in 45 minutes. The lunchtime swim at the pool was really quiet, only myself and one other person in the medium lane, so it was really relaxing. When I was a member at the uni swimming pool I never found a quiet time to go, I tried early morning, daytime and evening with no joy, and so never particularly found it relaxing between overtaking slowbies and holding up the faster people.

Luke and I really enjoyed our trip to Halesowen last weekend. Luke did really well in his first half-marathon on Saturday morning (see his blog for a review). Saturday afternoon I went to the service of Claire's Mum's wedding, she looked really beautiful, and it was nice to catch up with some faces from the past from Hasbury. Saturday evening we dropped my Grandad back home and got to meet the new budgie - Murray. Then we played Settlers of Catan with Jo and Ste (and I won). Sunday morning we went to Zion, and it happened to be the celebration of their 30th year, we enjoyed the service there (as we always do). After lunch we had another quick game of Settlers before driving home listening to the Wimbledon final on 5 live.

Yesterday evening we watched Slumdog Millionaire with Sally, Rosie and Sarah. Thought it was really good, would like to watch it again.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

First of all congratulation for your pregnancy Kate! I arrived on your blog randomly and I really liked it! I'm a mum of a little boy called Marlow and I really enjoy reading other mummy stories online. Have you picked a name for baby yet? I remember I spent a lot of time chilling out choosing my baby names. Here a great link http://www.bounty.com/babynames/ It a big responsibility choose the name... Finger and toes crossed for you. Jo