Thursday 23 July 2009

The big clear-out

The last few weeks Luke and I have been attempting to get rid of all the junk in our spare rooms, to make some space for the baby. We're moving our 'study room' into the spare room, which has the spare bed in it, and the old study will become the baby's nursery. I can't believe how much stuff we've acculumulated in the 2 1/2 years we've been married. We're gradually getting there though, and with the help of ebay and freecycle have got rid alot of the stuff that we never use. All the old triathlon and running magazines have gone (I noticed alot of which we had 2 copies of, from before Luke and I were living together). I bravely gave away my button collection (!) from when I was younger to Jenny from church, to use for craft. I've kept afew sentimental bits and pieces, but generally for each thing I've asked myself 'will I really miss this if I throw it away?'

The 'nursery' is beginning to take form; we're keeping the walls the same colour (yellow, orange and red' from when the room was the study. It was originally meant to be a sunset theme, but turned out abit brighter than what we were expecting, nice and bold for the baby though. On the walls we have an Andy Warhol pop-art type picture of Luke's family potraits, that Luke's sister Tasha did afew years ago. We also have the story of Solomon in pictures, with a yellow background, also done by Tasha, and I bought some colourful wall transfers of zoo animals off ebay.

Luke is working a long day today, and wont be back until 11:30 tonight, so I'm keeping myself busy with continuing to tidy, and I might pop into town for a hot chocolate in Borders later, after a walk round the Common. On Thursday I usually go to the drop-in at James Street for a bacon roll or two and a cup of tea, but they've finished for the summer now.

I've really been enjoying swimming on a wednesday lunchtime. Everyone is friendly there. I do think it's quite funny though that last week I was swimming in the 'fast' lane, and keeping up, despite being 20 weeks pregnant. I think it says more about the type of people using the pool rather than my swimming ability though! Yesterday I stuck to the medium lane as it was alot quieter in the pool.

I've been feeling definate kicks this week, especially in the morning and evening when I'm lying still in bed. Have also found I'm waking up hungry in the middle of the night, which is really inconvenient, and finding it difficult to get back to sleep. Heart burn has also kicked in..

No comments: