Friday 17 July 2009

Halfway point

Tuesday is weigh-in day and I'm quite impressed that I've put 3lb on just this week alone! I double checked just to be certain, but there's no mistaking it, I'm now officially the heaviest I've ever been (having overtaken my first year weight at uni, where I was well-fed (3 meals/day included in fees, cooked brekkie most days - yum!).

Yesterday Luke and I went to the hospital for the 20 week scan of the baby. Luke definately wanted to not know the gender, whereas I was undecided - part of me quite liked the idea of finding out. But I resisted the temptation and we''ll be finding out if we have a boy or girl when bean's born in December. I'm glad we kept it as a surprise now. All was well with the baby and the sonographer said everything looked normal.

Last night we went to see the new Harry Potter film: The Half Blood Prince. It was quite sad all the way through really, not many 'happy' moments. But then, there wasn't in the book either. Although the film was good, the books have so much more in them, you can't really appreciate the full story by just watching the film.

No comments: